Cool Japanese Phrases in Audio File!
At the end of each post you find a cool Japanese phrase that you can even listen to on Audio files to practice with.
I know you want to say a few things to locals so that you can have a bit of direct interaction with them.
I know, on your last travel, that you wish you could say a few more in their local language.
You know that you enjoy speaking to local people and I know you know it’s fun.
I have been to China a few times recently and I don’t speak Mandarin.
BUT, what I taught myself was “Young Lady, Beautiful, A Bottle of Beer”.
Every time I said this in restaurants, to old ladies, they just cracked up, laughed hard and smiled.
The job was done in an instant.
Here I have put all those phrases together in one page.
You want to go back to my posts to find out what relevance all the phrases have got to them.
- Mata Ne = See you
- Yudanaka E Youkoso = Welcome to Yudanaka
- Osaru San Wa Kawaii Desune = Monkeys are cute, aren’t they?
- Onsen Ga Daisuki Desu = I love Onsen
- Yudanaka Ni Ikitai Desu = I like to go to Yudanaka
- Tokyo Wa Sugoi Desu = Tokyo is amazing
- Soredehwa Suguni Oai Shimasho = I’ll see you shortly
- Yudanaka Wa Tokyo Yorimo Samui Desu = Yudanaka is colder than Tokyo
- Ski Wa Totemo Tanoshii Desu = Skiing is a lot of fun
- Kutsu Ga Dorodoro Desu = The shoes are muddy
- Onsen Cho Saiko = Onsen is awesome!
- Aruku Noga Suki Desu = I like walking
- Kuroneko Yamato No Takkyubin = Kuroneko Yamato (Black Cat) Delivery Service
- Coin Locker Wa Benri Desune = Coin lockers are convenient
- Nagano Niwa Moriga Ooi = There are many forests in Nagano
- Nihonwa Seiketsu Desu = Japan is clean
- Kono Nimotsu Wo Kono Jyusho Made Onegai Shimasu = Can I have this luggage sent to this address, please?
- Ski Wo Rental Shitai Desu = I want to hire a pair of skis
- American Drug Wa Doko Desuka? = Where is the American Drug?
- Oyu Ni Hairu Maeni Karada Wo Arau = Wash your body before you soak in hot water
- Ashiyu Wa Karada Ga Atatamari Masu =Ashiyu Warms up my body
- Nihon No Otera Ya Jinjya Ga Daisuki Desu = I love Japanese temples and shrines
- Kaze Wo Hiki Mashita = I’ve got a cold
- Eigo Ga Hanase Masuka? = Do you speak English?
- Michi Ni Mayoi Mashita = I’m lost
- Osake wa Oishii Desu = Sake tastes good
- Ryuoo Ski Park = Ryuoo Ski Park
- Biru Wa Oishii Desu = Beer tastes good
- Yudanaka Eki Ni Ikimasuka? = Is it going to Yudanaka Station?
- Nagano Dewa Yuki Ga Takusan Hurimasu = It snows a lot in Nagano
- Docchi No Sukijyou Ni Ikimashouka? = Which ski field should we go?
- Hito Ga Hotondo Inai = There are hardly anyone around
- Ryougae Ga Deki Masuka? = Can I exchange money?
- Kuruma Wo Mikkakan Karitai Desu = I want to rent a car for 3 days
- Kareh Wo Hitotsu Onegai Shimasu = Can I have one curry, please
- Genkin Wo Michi Aruku = Carry cash with (you)